Awards and Certifications
Drilling & Workover
Integrated Project Managment
Integrated Fracturing Services (IFS)
The Integrated Fracturing Services (IFS) conducted in real time for optimized stimulation, is the first-of-its-kind to be provided by a local company in MENA region operating in deep tight reservoirs. The portfolio covers a wide variety of processes .
Our Integrated Fracturing Services (IFS) are the first of its kind to be provided by a local company in MENA region operating in deep tight reservoirs.
In today’s unconventional market, efficiency is paramount.At the surface, our equipment reliability and innovative fracture techniques save valuable time and money. At the subsurface, we innovate through scalable solutions that help customers improve fracture performance and achieve overall cost effectiveness. Whether you need reliable pumping equipment, real-time fracture control while pumping, emissions-reducing fuel alternates, or sand and logistics services, we have you covered. Our services include:
a. Unconventional reservoir solutions
• HPHT Non-Sulphur Fluid – Mineral Oil Based
Specifically developed using Non-Sulphur High Temperature Gel Stabilizer additive to eliminate H2S (Sulphur) that could be generated from typical Sulphur type gel stabilizer for High Temperature High Pressure downhole condition coupled with an environment-friendly mineral oil base as a slurry replacing typical diesel oil. This fluid can stand up to 300oF BHST.
• Nano Surfactant
Formation damage is associated with the penetration of fracturing fluids into porous formation. A novel complex nanofluid surfactant treatment provides a two-fold increase in the relative gas permeability, hence improving flow back return of frac fluid, and thus, reducing formation damage.
• HVFR (High Viscosity Friction Reducer)
Application of fracturing fluid for ultra-tight rock reservoir has seen a shift to right-sizing PAM molecular weight Friction reducer technologies that enable high-rate pumping at reduced friction pressure. Further recent technology adoption enables to push boundaries of this technology to obtain higher viscosity at higher TDS base water. This HVFR allows clients to pump higher proppant concentration to fracture at lower source water quality.
• Multistage frac completions
To extract more productivity from tight rock reservoirs, the extension of the reservoir contact is essential, therefore the methodology of single layer fracturing per well is no longer a viable choice of completion. Abraj Energy uses performing technology adoption with multiple vendors to enable delivery of various Multistage Frac completion such as:
Frac Plug, for Cased Hole Plug and Perf application, either solid composite plug, ball drop FP, or ball caged FP
Open Hole Multistage Fracturing, with application of OH packers and Ball Drop assembly frac sleeve
Pinpoint fracturing technology, with application of CT abrasive jetting tool or CT activated frac sleeve assembly .
b. Scale Inhibition & Proppant Pack Consolidation Technology
• AF-CIP (Chemically Impregnated Proppant)
Water produced from wells form scales in all parts of the well that can significantly reduce oil production and cause pump failure. Chemically impregnated proppant technology delivers a scale-inhibiting technology in a porous ceramic proppant engineered with an innovative controlled release technology and infused with scale-inhibiting chemicals.
• AF-CCP (Chemically Coated Proppant)
Proppant pack consolidation technology creates a bonded, high integrity proppant pack with or without closure stress. This technology improves well productivity by forming a stable, high permeability proppant pack that prevents proppant washout from the non-compressive annulus and near wellbore areas. This technology is ideal for critical application on high-rate production and injection wells, incorporating frac and pack technology for sand control.
c. Hydraulic Fracturing Software
Abraj Energy uses the following software for hydraulic fracturing and acidizing design:
• GOHFER (Grid Oriented Hydraulic Fracture Extension Replicator) - A Planar 3D geometry fracture simulator with a fully coupled fluid/solid transport simulation. All formulation used in GOHFER is publicly available to foster peer review. This technology is used extensively in many regions without requiring special ‘tuning” for Soft-sediment frac-packing, hard rock/tight gas environments, natural fractured reservoir, moderate perm oil sands and acid-frac designs in carbonates.
• StimPlan is a complete software solution for hydraulic fracture design, analysis and optimization. With a comprehensive integrated toolkit and the industry’s most rigorous geometric models, StimPlan supports the modelling of single or multiple hydraulic fractures within horizontal wells, including calculation for the effects of fractures joining or interfering. Pre and post frac analysis tools include well test analysis, minifrac, analysis, step down test analysis and production decline analysis.
d. Stimulation Laboratory Support
Abraj offers fully equipped stimulation laboratories, allowing baseline testing in its new modern building in Adam and on-site QA/QC control testing as part of the fracturing crew. Some of the equipment provided for such tests are:
• Chandler5550 HTHP viscometers
• Fann Viscometer. (Fann35)
• Water Bath
• HACH Portable Spectrophotometers
• Digital pH and temperature meters
• Fann Mixing Blender
• Digital Balance
In addition to the fully supported laboratory, Abraj also has full access to the SQU Oil & Gas Research Center plus also other third party labs such as FracTech, Core Lab, etc.
Building # 420 4rd floor , Way # 1005 Mawaleh, Muscat
Awards and Certifications
Drilling & Workover